Servers on tap with your preferred set-up
Based on OpenSolaris technology, this lightweight, robust and intuitive OS incorporates the ZFS file system and volume administrator to ensure total consistency and data integrity and DTRACE, the most powerful monitoring tool on the market, to offer a secure multi-tenant, reliable, enterprise-grade storage stack. Instant Servers (running SmartOS) can be permanently resized upwards on the fly with no reboot required.
Servers can be provisioned with preconfigured, ready-to-run appliances, dramatically reducing the time to market and minimizing the configuration and deployment times for pre-production and production environments.
- Deploy dynamic Node.js apps fast with Joyent’s Node.js SmartMachine appliance. This purpose-built cloud appliance is the perfect tool for deploying data-intensive real-time (DIRTy) applications that demand low latency and require supremely elastic scalability. Telefónica Cloud’s Node.js SmartMachine appliance allows you to be production-ready as soon as you purchase and spin up.
- MongoDB is a scalable, high-performance, open source, document-oriented NoSQL database. Written in C++, MongoDB is designed to work particularly well with DIRTy (Data Intensive Real-Time) applications and to run as a back-end for Node.js web applications. Developed in partnership with 10gen, the founders and corporate stewards of MongoDB, the Telefónica Cloud SmartAppliance for MongoDB is a high-performance SmartOS virtual machine with MongoDB pre-installed for rapid deployment and easy scalability.
- The PerconaSmartMachine is a dynamically scalable virtual machine optimized for the cloud. It's based on a standard MySQL SmartMachine, with general software stripped down to a bare minimum, and with Percona Server (MySQL) pre-installed and preconfigured for ultimate performance and scalability.
- Developed in partnership with Basho Technologies and inspired by Dynamo, RiakSmartMachines are scalable, fault-tolerant, open source key/value database servers intended to be the primary data storage mechanism in production applications. RiakSmartMachines scale elastically and horizontally, allowing you to grow your cluster from 3 nodes to 10 nodes to 100 nodes and beyond – while your cluster is running. In addition to more storage space with added nodes, RiakSmartMachines deliver a linear increase in processing power.
- The Instant Servers Solution for Hadoop is a cloud-based hosting environment for your big data projects based on Apache Hadoop which offer bare-metal performance allowing you to run nearly 3× faster or at 1/3 the cost of other cloud offerings. It includes the Hortonworks Data Platform to help you install, configure, and provision your Hadoop deployments.
- Chef is a systems and cloud infrastructure automation framework that makes it easy to deploy servers and applications to any physical, virtual, or cloud location, no matter the size of the infrastructure. This template allows you to easily deploy your own dedicated Chef server.
- HAProxy is a free, very fast and reliable solution offering high availability, load balancing, and proxying for TCP and HTTP-based applications. It is particularly suited for web sites crawling under very high loads while needing persistence or Layer7 processing, supporting up to tens of thousands of connections per server.
- Riverbed® Stingray™ Traffic Manager is a full performance software and virtual Layer 7 application delivery controller (ADC) that enables enterprises and cloud operators to create, manage, and deliver key services more quickly, more flexibly, and at a lower cost. Stingray Traffic Manager offers much more than just load balancing. It controls and optimizes end-user services by inspecting, transforming, prioritizing, and routing application traffic. Stingray Traffic Manager also includes an application firewall, SSL offloading, content caching and support for clustering and High Availability use cases.
- AMANDA, the Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver, is a backup solution that allows the IT administrator to set up a single master backup server to back up multiple hosts over network to tape drives/changers or disks or optical media. Amanda uses native utilities and formats (e.g. dump and/or GNU tar) and can back up a large number of servers and workstations running multiple versions of Linux or Unix. Amanda uses a native Windows client to back up Microsoft Windows desktops and servers.
Windows Server 2008
Operating system licensed from Microsoft, with enhanced features for directory services, new virtualization features, easier administration, greater security as well as performance and scalability improvements.
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure. Windows Server 2012 includes a robust set of technologies for optimum flexibility across storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, access and information protection, and more. It helps you build, deploy and scale applications and web sites quickly, and with more flexibility than ever before.
Free open-source software based on Debian GNU/Linux. Focusing on freedom and ease of use, it offers speedy and intuitive installation. New versions are available every six months and it is in great demand for web servers.
CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by a prominent North American Enterprise Linux vendor. CentOS conforms fully with the upstream vendors redistribution policy and aims to be 100% binary compatible. (CentOS mainly changes packages to remove upstream vendor branding and artwork.) CentOSis free.
Formerly Fedora Core, this is an RPM-based general-purpose collection of software, including an operating system based on the Linux kernel, developed by the community-supported Fedora Project and sponsored by Red Hat. Fedora’s flexibility makes it capable of serving as a digital repository for a variety of use cases. The Fedora Project's mission is to lead the advancement of free and open-source software and content as a collaborative community.
Debian is a computer operating system composed of software packages released as free and open-source software primarily under the GNU General Public License along with other free software licenses [Debian GNU/Linux], and including the GNU OS tools and Linux kernel.
Capacity can be scaled up in minutes
Instant Servers can be provisioned with just a few clicks and in less than a few minutes.
Instant Servers enable true auto-scaling and on demand computing to handle unexpected traffic spikes and dynamic workloads.
Virtual CPUs automatically scale capacity to meet demand peaks by up to 400% at no extra cost.
Instant Servers (running SmartOS) can be permanently resized upwards and downwards on the fly with no reboot required.
Even better: to ensure your servers are always respond in time, turn on the auto scaling so they change their size on the fly, without stopping your application.
Comprehensive administration and supervision
Instant Servers is a fully online service, so you can contract, control and manage your servers wherever you are, in real time:
Control of servers
Through a simple web interface, you have complete control of your servers, with the possibility of turning them on, off or resetting them whenever you want. In addition you can consult their status and recover any data you need by connecting directly.
The analytics provided by DTRACE tool allow the best control, monitoring and analysis, offering visibility of the overall status of the hardware and each process running on it. You can monitor and track all your services, from the state of the appliances to the processes on the server.
If your configuration will need specific design topologies and configurations for capabilities, please contact us using this form and one of our service professionals will arrange to discuss your additional or bespoke requirements
Server administration and ordering
Through the customer portal, whenever you want, you can order up servers with just a few clicks and in less than few minutes or eliminate those you no longer need.
APIs for task integration and automation
Our Servers APIs are public, secure and easy to use. You can use these APIs to automate datacenter operations, integrate services and applications with ease, gaining flexibility and control over their deployments.
Public APIs URLhttps://api-eu-mad-1.instantservers.telefonica.com
* With respect to the use of the logos included on this page. Telefónica S.A. acknowledges the intellectual property rights of their respective holders, without their mere mention or appearance on this web site implying the existence of any rights or responsibility whatsoever for Telefónica regarding the same.